- Insurance clients now want to communicate across different channels with their insurance agents.
- Centralizing common forms and information for easy, consistent access provides a better customer experience.
- Personalized messages gain attention and interest.
- A cloud-based communications platform enhances collaboration and communication efficiency.
🖥️ 💸 📱👩🏼💻 Can you name the top 5 trends shaping the digital future of insurance? Grab our eBook to get up to speed.
The primary benefit of insurance is the peace of mind it gives policyholders. However, uncertainty and distrust may develop when communication between insurance agencies and clients is hampered.
Now more than ever, people want peace of mind and reassurance from their insurance agents. Agencies must prioritize client communications. Thanks to federally funded infrastructure projects centered on expanded broadband access and advanced technology systems, access to digital communications is growing.
Thank you for your interest in RingCentral.
Strategies to build better communications with your policyholders
Leverage this golden time to build better communications with your policyholders with the following key strategies:
Use multiple channels
COVID has changed lifestyles and the way people interact. To communicate effectively, it is important to offer interactive opportunities through a variety of channels.
If your agency is open for in-person visits, make that clear through signage, newsletters, email, and other outgoing message platforms. For many clients, face-to-face conversations are still ideal when safe and practical.
When in-person communication is not available, a variety of phone and digital options are helpful. The following are some of the common touchpoints agents use to engage clients personally:
- Social Media: Many people have 24/7 access to their social media through device apps. They receive instant notifications when you send a message and have the ability to quickly send a reply or direct message back to you. This immediacy appeals to many policyholders, especially younger clients.
- Web Chat: Chat is another real-time interaction channel that you can use to allow for rapid responses to questions. AI technology allows for the use of chatbots to address common questions when live agents are not available.
- Instant Message: IMs through a website or app allow for quick sharing of short messages. It is another way that people can quickly send a question or information to an agent.
- Text Message: Opt-in text messaging is one of the most consistent ways to receive messages quickly and have your messages opened and read quickly.
- Videos: Create and share video presentations on YouTube, Facebook, and other social media. Videos are a great way to personalize messaging to clients. You can use them for updates or periodic information-sharing on topics of interest.
- Phone: People still like phone or VoIP calls when they want a live conversation with a real person.
Centralize common forms and messages
When someone signs up for a new policy, agencies often bombard them with a lot of messages and forms to complete. These messages can get overwhelming and frustrating to find or track down.
To better organize your content and process, create a centralized location where prospects and clients can access common information and forms. You can use primary communication methods to alert people about where they can find the necessary items.
A web portal or app with a customer dashboard is an example. You can deliver requisite forms, documents, and information through a contact’s unique dashboard. Send messages with direct links for the particular forms that must be completed. Set up automated reminder notifications through email, chat, and other channels when deadlines approach.
Personalize the message
People don’t pay attention to messages that appear to have no direct impact on their lives. Whether email, social media, mail, or other methods of delivery, personalized messages are more likely to attract attention.
Customer dashboards are an excellent place to personalize information and messages. However, the content of the message often makes the difference in whether the client pays attention.
In addition to direct information about the client’s coverage, share information and resources relevant to the individual. You can send reminders about health screenings and other important healthcare resources based on age or other demographic factors for health insurance clients.
For car insurance clients, share resources about safe winter driving or top-rated vehicles for safety. Tips for weatherizing a home or other maintenance updates are useful to home insurance clients.
These types of messages and resources expand on the personalized nature of your insurance relationship by showing you care about the client beyond the product they buy from you.
Use a cloud-based communications solution
Some agencies are hesitant to utilize several methods of communication because they fear challenges in managing them all. However, a cloud-based communications solution alleviates that burden by centralizing communications. A cloud-based solution streamlines movement from one communication channel to another. It allows an agent to quickly shift from a webchat, for instance, to a phone conversation, and then to a social media exchange.
The conversations do not exist in silos either. Conversation histories with individual clients are captured across channels to deliver a seamless customer and agent experience.
RingCentral powers the connected insurance agency
Customer satisfaction and retention, loyalty, referrals, and better financial outcomes are all common benefits associated with good customer communications for insurance agencies.
To optimize your communication with clients in the modern business ecosystem, you must blend in-person interactions with personalized digital strategies. Utilize all digital channels popular with the audience you serve.
A comprehensive cloud-based communications platform is one of the most foundational elements of optimized communication. RingCentral MVP (message, video, phone) is an elite, comprehensive cloud-based solution that allows your agents and support teams to communicate efficiently across all channels. It offers end-to-end encryption for safety and privacy and seamlessly transitions from one communication channel to another. Learn more about RingCentral MVP today.
Modified Apr 12, 2022
Work together from anywhere with messaging, video conferencing, and phone calls—all in a single platform.